Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Closed Circuit


Great, now that I've seen the fields for the Very Subtle Stakes and The Ack Ack (GIII), it looks like I'm going to have to show up at Churchill Downs at 10:30 a.m. so I can bet these races too. Not only do they include several horses that I've been following for some time, but both stakes include a full field of 14 horses.

The Very Subtle includes: Hot Storm (4-1), Maggie Slew (10-1), and Humorous Gal (15-1).

And in the Ack Ack we have: Magna Graduate (3-1), Latent Heat (8-1), Andromeda's Hero (12-1), Greeley's Galaxy (15-1), Southern Africa (20-1), and Cause to Believe (20-1)

Some of these horses are past thier prime, but it's certainly a cast of characters that intrigue me and will get me to Churchill early on Saturday. I'm not sure that I'll handicap these races before Saturday, though.
======
And not that this other news much matters, because I'm not sure who would want to bet on anything else, but the Daily Racing Form Reports that there will be no simulcast wagering at Churchill Downs on other racetracks on Breeders' Cup Day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe a few bettors would like to bet the five stakes card at Aqueduct while at Churchill.

Mike said...

I really just meant it as a throw away line, and I hadn't looked at any of the other cards -- but now that I think about it, there is a lot of time between races.